Canadian Political Poetry

Political poetry you might appreciate

Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

This retired person has numberous degrees from the University of Toronto and has lived a life of extreme danger and adventure. If you live in the Western World, it is vital that you read as much of this blog as you can. It is also vital that you check the complete profile here and at the bottom of that page, check the other blogs.

Monday, October 30, 2006

My Death

My Death

By

James Bredin

I hope Marion finds me dead in the year twenty forty two,
Out the backyard among the summer flowers out of view,
She’ll be ninety six by then and me dead at a hundred and five,
Up to that time, I hope we’re both very much alive.

My grandkids and their kids can come and wave good bye,
As I get buried in Scarborough Pine Hills Cemetery nearby,
Near Don Sargent and Otto Maier and a few others,
Lived nearby on Tansley Avenue as if we were brothers.


No big deal except that then, I won’t be around any more,
Long deleted memories, here and there and many foreign shores,
Because I’m not very religious and believe that that’s that,
I’m finished and no one ever got a second kick at the cat.

Monday, October 30, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home