Canadian Political Poetry

Political poetry you might appreciate

Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

This retired person has numberous degrees from the University of Toronto and has lived a life of extreme danger and adventure. If you live in the Western World, it is vital that you read as much of this blog as you can. It is also vital that you check the complete profile here and at the bottom of that page, check the other blogs.

Monday, November 07, 2005

St. Louis, Missouri



St Louis, Missouri

By

James Bredin


I knew by the way he said it that he was quite proud,
“St Louis Missouri,” he said so out loud,
And the priest nodded as if we should all agree,
I nodded too and that made all of us three.

Conversation fifty years ago, I can’t remember,
In New York one evening in late September,
Rockefeller Square I think but why was I there?
Off a Canadian ship tied up in the docks somewhere.

Can’t wind back the clock to find what it was about,
The other, an American sailor had no doubt,
Maybe he and the priest had more faith than me,
St Louis Missouri, two people and doubtful me.

Monday, November 7, 2005


http://conservativepoetry.blogstream.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home